1. Home team rep(s) arrives at field approximately 60-75 minutes prior to game start time. Tasks to be accomplished before 35 minutes start time include:
Identifying/correcting any field hazards
Dragging/Raking infield, batters box and mound
Chalking foul lines and batters box
2. From 35 minutes prior to start time through 20 minutes from start time, the home team gets the field for infield/outfield practice. Away team gets the batting cages. (Pioneer uses the farther batting cage at Cobb Complex.) For machine pitch and teeball, the away team can warm up in a part of the outfield during this time.
3. From 20 minutes prior to start time through 5 minutes from start time, the away team gets the field for infield/outfield practice. Home team gets the batting cages. (Pioneer uses the farther batting cage at Cobb Complex.) For machine pitch and teeball, the home team can warm up in a part of the outfield during this time.
4. At 5 minutes to start time, managers will meet at home plate to go over ground rules (with an umpire, if applicable).
5. Have fun during the game. Be nice to our youth umpires if you have them.
6. After the game, away team rep(s) are responsible for lightly raking holes they see in the infield, on the mound and at home plate. We want to avoid puddles if it rains. Also, the away team is responsible for hauling trash to the dumpsters. This is an area we need to improve upon from last year. At the Cobb Complex, there are hard plastic liners in many of the cans. It is easiest to take the top off the can, pull that out and dump it, then put it back. For the school fields, you will have boxes of plastic trash bags in the bins before Opening Day.
7. Finally, make sure all the lights are out (if applicable) and all locks are fully engaged.